COILS ARE SOLD INDIVIDUALLY. PRICE IS PER COIL.
SMOK Nord Replacement Coil
The SMOK Nord Replacement Coil is designed for the
Smoktech Nord Pod System Kit.
COILS SOLD INDIVIDUALLY
The SMOK Nord, one of the more recent pod vapes that SMOK has put out, is a pod vape with a twist. The SMOK Nord utilizes interchangeable coils rather than disposable pods, with a few different coils to choose from. At the time of writing, there are three coils available. One of the coils is about what one would expect from a pod vape, which is a 1.4 ohm kanthal coil made for use with nicotine salt vape juice.
The other two coils are where the Nord begins to stand out from the crowd. There are two sub-ohm coils available for use with the Nord: a 0.8 ohm MTL mesh coil, and 0.6 ohm DTL mesh coil, making the SMOK Nord the first pod vape to offer mesh coils. Aside from the mere fact that it uses mesh coils, it's also one of few pod vapes to offer coils that suit such a variety of draw styles.
If you prefer MTL draws and nicotine salt, you can use the 1.4 ohm coil. If you want a bit more flavor and juice with a bit less nicotine but still want a MTL draw, you can use the 0.8 ohm mesh coil. If you're chasing clouds, the 0.6 ohm mesh coil offers some impressive cloud production for a pod vape and wicks fast enough to handle thicker vape juice.
If you plan on using nicotine salt vape juice, stick with the 1.4 ohm coil or, possibly, the 0.8 ohm coil. Don't use the 0.6 ohm coil with nicotine salts. I made that mistake on my first day with the Nord and it was an unpleasantly harsh experience. Nicotine salt goes down smoother with the other coils. Also, though it seems slightly backwards, the 0.6 ohm coil is one of the few pod vape coils that actually works well with 70/30 vape juice, so if you're noticing some leaking when using 50/50 juice with the 0.6 ohm coil, try some thicker vape juice. - Ian
- Mesh - 0.6ohm - DL
- Mesh - 0.8ohm - MTL
- Standard - 1.4ohm - MTL
COILS SOLD INDIVIDUALLY
How To Prime Your SMOK Nord Replacement Coils:
- Remove the pod from the body of the device.
If there is already juice and a coil in your pod, empty the pod as well as you can by pulling open the rubber plug and flicking the juice into a sink or trash can. Keep some tissues handy as there will most likely still be some juice in the pod.
- Turn your pod upside down and pull the coil out of the pod. If you don't have a coil installed already, then just ignore this step.
- With your new coil, apply juice to the cotton wicking material inside of the coil by putting some juice down the center chimney of the coil. Do this until the cotton windows on the outside of the coil appear wet.
- With that done, we can install the coil.
- Locate the hole on the bottom of the pod, line the flat sides of the coil up with the flat walls closest to the hole, and push the coil in.
- Now you're ready to fill!
How To Prime And Fill Your SMOK Nord Pod Vape: