SMOK TFV8 Baby V2 Tank
With the TFV8 Baby V2, SMOK has given their TFV8 Baby line of tanks a complete rework. Utilizing a line of entirely new mesh coils, the Baby V2 is going to require a whole lot more power than the TFV8 Baby Beast and TFV12 Baby Prince. The Baby V2 is capable of going as high as 130 watts with the V2-A1 coil and bottoms out at 65 watts with the V2-A2 coil, which is still a higher wattage than a lot of the older Baby Beast coils were capable of. The third coil available, the V2-A3, is solidly on the high-powered end of things as well, with a recommended wattage of 100-120 watts. Whereas the Baby Beast was solidly in the medium power range, as you can tell, the Baby V2 is aiming to be more of a high powered sub-ohm tank.
Despite being able to take a massive amount of power, the Baby V2 is still true to the size of previous Baby Beast tanks. The Baby V2 clocks in at 54mm tall and has a diameter of 30mm, making it only 0.3mm taller than the baby prince and 4mm wider. The slight increase in width comes with the perk of making the Baby V2 a 5ml tank with the included bubble glass, which is officially the biggest juice capacity you can find within SMOK's line of Baby Beast tanks.
In addition to having a larger juice capacity, the Baby V2 has considerably more airflow than previous iterations, with three large airflow holes on the base rather than two. Not only is there more airflow built into the tank itself, but the coils are nearly double the size of the TFV8 Baby coils, meaning the coils themselves have more airflow capability as well. The increased airflow is also helped along by the inclusion of a larger than normal for the Baby line 16mm delrin drip tip. It's worth noting that the Baby V2 uses a proprietary drip tip, so you won't be able to slap any old 810 or 510 on it.
Another notable change made with the Baby V2 is that SMOK chose to build the top-cap seal into the actual top of tank rather than on the bottom surrounding the fill hole. Gone are the days of tearing the seal while filling your juice and needing to buy a replacement! It also gives the tank a much cleaner look when it's open now that you see nothing but stainless steel when it's opened, rather than a worn rubber seal. The top cap also has the locking mechanism found in the Baby Prince and full-sized Prince. The peace of mind that comes from being able to put a full tank into your pocket without worrying about it accidentally opening is priceless.
If the standard mesh coils are a bit too powerful for you, or if you just prefer the taste of more conventional coils, SMOK does make lower-powered kanthal coils for the Baby V2, but you may have to put some effort into seeking them out as they aren't very popular. Also, please keep in mind that you cannot use previous Baby Beast coils in this tank, nor can you use Baby V2 coils in other Baby tanks. - Ian
Size: 54mm x 30mm
Material: Stainless Steel
It comes with:
1 x TFV8 Baby V2 Tank
1 x Baby V2-A1 0.17 Ohm Single Coil (pre-installed)
1 x Baby V2-A2 0.2 Ohm Dual Coils
1 x Replacement Glass Tube
1 x User Manual
How To Prime Your SMOK TFV8 Baby V2 Coils:
- Unscrew the base of the tank from the top of your tank.
- Now that the coil is exposed, unscrew the coil from the base of your tank.
- With the coil out, slowly apply juice to the cotton wicking material on the inside of the coil until the cotton looks evenly and thoroughly saturated.
- If you applied too much juice to the coil, go ahead and wrap your coil in a paper towel or tissue and give it a few hard shakes to get rid of that excess juice.
- With your coil primed, you can now screw the coil back into the base of your tank.
- Screw base with the coil attached back onto the top portion of your tank.
- Your coil is now primed and you're ready to fill!
How To Fill Your SMOK TFV8 Baby V2 Tank:
- Locate the lock button above the SMOK logo on the top cap.
- Push straight in on the button and the top fill cap should swivel right open for you.
- Now that your top cap is open, insert the tip of your juice bottle or dropper into the fill hole, and proceed to fill your tank.
- Leave a hair of room at the top for air pressure.
- Swivel your top cap shut again and the button should pop out, locking the cap in place.
- Screw the TFV8 Baby V2 onto your device.
- If you primed your coil, set your device to the recommended wattage found on the side of the coil.
- You're ready to vape!
- If you didn't prime your coil, allow the coil to sit in the tank with the juice for about five minutes so that the cotton absorbs the juice and the coil gets saturated.
- After that time has passed, set your device to the lowest recommended wattage found on the side of the coil and take a few short puffs.
- If the hits tasted muted or dry, let your tank sit for a few more minutes before vaping.
- If it tasted fully saturated, you can crank up the wattage to your liking.
- You're ready to vape!
How To Prime And Fill Your SMOK TFV8 Baby V2 Tank: