Suorin Edge Pod Vape Kit
PLEASE NOTE: The Suorin Edge Pod System Device does not come with pods. You need to purchase Suorin Edge Pods before using.
The Suorin Edge Pod Kit is easily the coolest idea we have seen in the pod vape category to date. Pod vapes in general are plagued by one particular compromise, and that's battery life. A smaller battery won't last as long as you need it to, but a larger battery makes the whole device larger and more difficult to live with.
The Suorin Edge has incorporated the brilliantly simple solution of making their batteries removable. Box mods have been doing this since their inception, but those are pretty standard batteries, and they're way too big for a reasonably sized pod vape. Most small vapes like this use a built-in battery pack, but those are completely non-serviceable.
Suorin saw the obvious solution that nobody else thought of, which is using built-in battery packs that are removable like a cordless drill battery. This allows the Edge to use a tiny 230mAh battery, but still allow all-day use with the inclusion of two batteries in the kit. Since the small batteries charge extremely quickly, you can easily swap out for a charged battery and have a fully charged battery ready by the time you need to swap again.
The battery system alone isn't enough to make a good pod vape of course, but Suorin has shown time and time again that they have earned their place in the pod vape market. The excellent build quality and magnetic attachments for the pod and battery round out the sleek metal body to provide a satisfying user experience, and the USB type-C charge port is the extra touch of modern technology that really makes the Suorin Edge feel like the latest and greatest pod vape in 2019.
We're happy to see that Suorin has kept their auto draw system for the Edge, which means that all you have to do to vape on it is take a puff. There is a button on the on the side of the device, but it works as an on-off switch and is not used for firing. Five quick clicks of this button will turn it on or off.
Oddly enough, the Edge starter kit doesn't come with any
pods. As unusual as this is, it does help to keep the initial purchase price a little lower, especially if you're purchasing this kit as a replacement and you already have some pods. Small vapes like this can be very easy to lose, so I actually appreciate the fact that it's a little cheaper to replace. If you're buying this vape for the first time though, you'll want to pick up a few pods at the link above.
Suorin Edge Details:
- Battery Capacity: 230mAh
- Max Output: 10W
- Working Voltage: 3.3-4.2V
- Charging Current: 500mA
- Charging Interface: USB Type-C
- Charging Time: 30min
- User Interface: Auto Draw with Lock Button
Suorin Edge Pod System Device Includes:
- 1 x Suorin Edge Case
- 2 x Suorin Edge 230mAh Batteries
- 1 x USB cable
HOW TO PRIME AND FILL YOUR SUORIN EDGE PODS:
- Remove the rubber plug from the fill port on the side of the pod.
- Hold the pod so that the fill port is pointed almost straight up.
- Insert the nipple of the ejuice bottle into the fill hole and begin filling.
- Allow a little bit of space for air to escape as you fill your pod.
- Once your tank is filled, swing the rubber plug back and push it in to place sealing the fill port.
- To prime your edge pods simply let them sit for at least ten minutes after filling before taking your first vape.
- Your first couple puffs should be short and light to help the coil break in correctly.
How to Prime and Fill the Suorin Edge Pod Vape Kit: