U Well Crown III Coils - 4 Pack
Uwell Crown III replacement coils, despite having a variety of resistances and coil material, have a lot of very important similarities. To start with, Crown III coils are wicked with organic cotton that delivers a pure flavor with any ejuice. There are two high-grade SS316 coils to choose from, as well as a more traditional kanthal option. All three of these coil varieties have been designed to deliver a perfect balance between flavor and vapor production, rather than focusing on just one at the expense of the other. The ingenuity doesn't stop there, each and every Crown 3 replacement coil utilizes a Plug-Pull coil design that makes swapping out coils a breeze. You simply pull the old one out and push a new one in, without having to worry about screwing the coil in and dealing with poor threading on the tank base or coil.
0.25ohm SUS 316 - The 0.25 ohm Stainless Steel coil is the warmest and most high-powered option available for the Crown III. It's perfect for those at lower nicotine strengths who crave heat and vapor production. Dessert and cream flavors pair very well with this coil, thanks to all of the heat it provides. This coil is rated for 80 – 90 watts, though it seems to provide the best performance in the 90 - 95 watt range.
0.4ohm Kanthal A1 – This is the only kanthal coil option available for the Crown 3 and also happens to require the least amount of power, making it a fantastic coil for those using a single 18650 mod or a mod with an internalized battery. Though this isn't a powerful coil, the flavor produced by it is very powerful. In fact, many people report that this coil provides the best flavor of the three, though the vapor production is lacking when compared to the other two coils. Due to the lower amount of power going through this coil, it's also the coolest of the three coils, making it great for fruit flavored ejuice and for those who find the other two coils to be warmer than they would like. This coil is best when used between 55 – 65 watts.
0.5ohm SUS 316 – The 0.5 ohm coil is the final stainless steel coil and also has the highest resistance of the three available coils. Despite being at such a high resistance it still requires a hefty amount of power to run this coil, needing a minimum of 70 watts to perform at its peak potential. The 0.5 ohm stainless steel coil provides a warmer experience than the kanthal option, but doesn't get quite as hot as the 0.25 coil does. It also provides a bit more vapor than the kanthal coil does. This is a great middle of the road coil for those who don't want something as weak as the 0.4 ohm coil nor as warm as the 0.25 coil. The 0.5 ohm SUS 316 coil has a recommended wattage of 70 – 80 watts.
How to Prime the Uwell Crown III Coils:
- First, unscrew the base of the tank and set it aside. (If you currently have juice in your tank, turn the tank upside-down first.)
- Next, simply grab the bottom of the old coil (that is protruding from the center of the tank) and pull it out. Throw the old one coil away.
- Apply your favorite vape juice to the cotton wick inside of the new coil. Do this slowly, allowing the juice to soak into the cotton wick as you go.
- When the wick holes on the outside of the coils look wet and saturated, the coil is fully primed.
- Firmly push the new primed coil into the center of the tank (where you pulled the old one out of), top end first.
- Screw the base of the tank back on and now you're ready to fill!