Vaporesso Aurora Play Pod Kit
The first thing you’ll notice about the Aurora Play is its uniquely designed body. It’s shaped very much like a certain popular lighter, complete with a flip-open top cover. With the cover shut, the Aurora Play has a very simple and stealthy look. It’s rectangular with rounded edges and made entirely out of stainless steel. The only manufacturer marking on either side of the device is a small and unobtrusive logo.
There is a small juice window cut into the stainless steel on each side that allows you to easily view the level of juice in your pod without needing to pull the pod out or hold it up to the light. The USB charge port is located on the side of the device, near the bottom, along with a single button that allows you turn it on or off and control your power level. There is a tiny LED indicator sandwiched in between the charge port and the power button, which shows you the power level that your Aurora Play is currently set to.
Since the body is almost entirely stainless steel with very few cutouts, the device is durable and has a weightiness to it, despite its small size. Aside from adding to its durability, the simplicity of the Aurora Play’s design is also a perk for anyone looking for a stealth vape. At a quick glance, there would be no reason for anyone to think that it’s anything other than a lighter.
Flipping open the cover will, aside from making a very satisfying clicking noise, reveal the pod. The pod sits recessed into the stainless steel body so that the top of the pod is flush with the top of the device. Like the previous pod system from Vaporesso, the Renova Zero, the Aurora Play pods utilize a push-to-fill system. Unlike the Zero, this time the push-to-fill is on the top of the pod, so you don’t even have to remove your pod to fill the juice. It’s a small change that makes a big difference as far as ease of use goes. The push-to-fill system already made filling the pods easier and less messy, and now that they’re on the top of the pod, filling the pod takes no time at all.
The coils built into the pods have a 1.3 ohm resistance and, like the Zero, have a ceramic wick. The ceramic wicking material tends to have a much longer flavor break-in period than cotton, but comes with the advantage of, on average, lasting longer than pods that use a cotton wick. I usually let the Aurora Play pods prime for about twenty minutes before using them, and I’ll vape them on the low power setting for the first day. That process seems to get the best life out of these pods.
Speaking of power settings, just like the Renova Zero, the Aurora Play has three different ones. Pressing the button on the side of the device three times will switch between the different settings. The LED indicator light under the button will flash one of three different colors to let you know which setting you are on. Red is the low-power setting and fires at 9 watts. Blue is the medium power setting and fires at 10.5 watts. Lastly, Green is the high power setting and fires at 12 watts.
Once I’ve let my coil break in for a day or so, I usually alternate between medium and high, depending on my mood. Medium seems to give off the best flavor, while high delivers a more satisfying nicotine rush. Whatever you do, don’t jump straight to high on a fresh pod. You’ll get a burnt taste, and nobody likes that. If you forget which power setting you’re on, you can press and hold the button, and the LED light will light up, showing you which setting you’ve got your device on. Pressing that same button five consecutive times will turn your device on and off.
The Aurora Play’s body houses a 650mAh battery, so it’s on the high end as far as pod systems go, but not massive like the battery of the SMOK Nord or Orion Q. That said, the resistance of the coil is higher than both of those, so you won’t be using as much power. Battery life is a very subjective thing, so everyone is going to have a different experience depending on which power setting they’re on, how often they vape, and how long their drags are.
That said, in my experience, I can almost eke a full work day of life out of the Aurora Play on the medium setting taking a few puffs every 20 minutes or so. Usually it’ll need a charge after about 7 hours. Obviously, you’ll get less life out of it if you’re chain vaping or running the device on the high power setting. The 1 amp quick-charge comes in handy here, allowing the device to charge fully in about 45 minutes!
- Dimensions: 80mm x 46.5mm x 16.7mm
- Pod: 2mL, 1.3Ω
- Built-in Battery: 650mAh
- Charging Current: 1A
- Power: 9w | 10w | 12.5w
- Filling: Press-To-Fill on top (1 step)
- Compact lighter-shape device
- Innovative PTF (Press To Fill) design
- 3 levels of H/M/L power
- Perfect for Nic Salts & Freebase
- OMNI Board Mini chipset
- Unique CCELL Ceramic-Wicked Coil Optimized for High Nicotine Satisfaction
- Lateral ON/OFF button
- 1 x AURORA PLAY Kit (2ml, 1.3Ω)
- 1 x Additional POD (2ml, 1.3Ω)
- 1× E-juice Easy Filling Bottle (10ml)
- 1× USB Charging Cable
- 1× User Guide
- 1× Warranty Card
Simple packing. Customary packing from the factory, the packing is subject to change without notice.
How To Fill Your Vaporesso Aurora Play Pod:
- To fill the pod you’ll need a squeeze bottle with small tip. If your juice came in a glass bottle with a dropper, Vaporesso has included a spare 10ml squeeze bottle in the box.
- Go ahead and pour some juice from your glass bottle into the spare squeeze bottle. Once it’s full, attach the tip to the squeeze bottle.
- With the squeeze bottle handy, insert the tip of your bottle into the funnel on the top of the pod and push downwards on it. The funnel should compress.
- While compressing the funnel on your pod, slowly squeeze the bottle of juice. You’ll be able to see the juice level rising in your pod.
- Fill until there is just a touch of air left in your pod and stop.
- If there is any juice on top of your funnel or pod, grab a tissue and wipe it off.
Priming The Aurora Play Pod:
- With your pod full, allow the pod to sit for at least 10 minutes. Ideally, you would let it rest for 20 minutes, since the ceramic material used for wicking in the Aurora Play pods takes a little while longer to fully absorb the juice than it does for traditional cotton pods.
- Once the allotted time has passed, insert the pod into the device.
- Turn your device on by pressing the button on the side of the device five times.
- Now that your device is on, press the button three times. This will change the power level and the LED indicator light under the button will light up with a color representing the power level you are on. Red is low, blue is medium, and green is high. Change your power level until the light is red for low.
- With your Aurora Play on the low power setting, take a couple short puffs on it.
- If it tastes like it’s fully primed and you’re not getting any burnt flavor, then you’re ready to vape!
- If not, allow your pod to sit for another ten minutes.
- Now you should be ready to vape!
- I would recommend leaving your Aurora Play set to low for the first day or two to allow the pod enough time to break in. After that, feel free to crank it up to high. Doing this seems to provide the best pod life and prevents dry hits from occurring.
How To Fill And Prime The Vaporesso Renova Zero Pod Vape Kit:
Advanced User Item. Use At Your Own Risk!
NOTE: There is an inherent risk with the use of any and all rechargeable batteries in any circumstance. Vaporleaf Inc. is are not responsible for damage if there is any modification of the batteries/chargers in any form or shape (including pack making). Vaporleaf Inc. is not responsible for any damage caused by the misuse and/or mishandling of Li-ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable batteries and chargers.
Use special caution when working with Li-ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable cells, as they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode or burn if mishandled. Make sure the user has enough knowledge of Li-Ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable cells in charging, discharging, assembly and storage before use. Always charge in/on a fire-proof surface. Never leave charging batteries unattended. Do not use any rechargeable battery as well as any battery charger if any visible damage is present, as well as if the cell or charger has been stressed through mishandling, accidental or otherwise, even if damage may not be visible. Always store and transport rechargeable cells in a safe, non-conductive container in a controlled environment. Dispose of all battery cells and chargers in accordance to local laws and mandates.
Vaporleaf Inc. will not be held responsible or liable for any injury, damage, or defect, permanent or temporary that may be caused by the improper use of a Li-ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable battery/batteries. Please have a basic understanding of the batteries you are using and how to care for them properly.